Home Staging is professionally preparing homes for sale, so that they appeal to the greatest number of buyers and generate the highest price in the least amount of time on the market.
Staged Homes traditionally present themselves better than the competition by being clean, clutter-free, and ready to show to prospective buyers. Home Staging is NOT decorating, fluffing, interior design or redesign. Home Staging is detailing, de-cluttering, depersonalizing and preparing a seller's home to give it a "model home" appearance so that the potential buyer can "see" themselves living in the home.
Benefits of Home Staging
Objectivity: You may be sentimentally attached to certain paintings, photos, or other features of your home, but they could be affecting a potential buyers' perceptions of the property. A stager can objectively make changes in and around your house that will transform it into one that people can actually picture themselves living in.
Faster Sale: Staged homes stay on the market approximately half the time that non-staged homes do. 94 percent of staged homes generally sell within approximately 29 days compared to homes that are not staged.
Higher Sale Price: Staging a home can increase its sale price as much as 20 per cent compared to a non-staged home. A 2009 Home Gain study showed that staging a home for sale provides more than a 500 percent return on investment.
1. Remove Clutter—Clutter eats equity!
2. Depersonalize—Remove photos and mementos.
3. Clean—All corners and surfaces.
4. Repair—Fix broken areas and items.
5. Don't overlook the outside! —Outdoor living is now the second most looked at space when selling your home; the kitchen is the first.
6. Call an ASP to help prepare your home—95% of ASP Staged Homes sell in 29 days or less.